Friday, January 6, 2012

epiphany.

most of my blog posts lately have been about my lovely missionary. and i think that may be because he is always on my mind. he has been gone for 5 months and a couple weeks. and no i do not have an exact count down (i am not a crazy person). we have been together for 1 year and 7 months. and let me tell you. though it is hard to have him gone. and have to be alone for awhile. i consider myself so blessed.

i got straight a's this semester. which i guarentee would not have happened if he were with me.

i have gotten to know his family on a level that is completely wonderful. his sister is one of my bestest best friends and i really feel like i am one of the bybee's. and i wouldn't have really gotten to know them on this level if he were here.

i wouldn't be as patient as i am becoming if he were here. it takes alot of work to have him be away from me, but i know that because he is out serving the lord and i am waiting, i will be a more patient and loving mother one day.

if he weren't gone i would probably be married to him by now. and though i love him with all of my heart, i am not ready to be married yet. i have a lot of growing up to do before i will be. and maybe i will be ready in two year maybe in 10. but having this time to be independent is really helping me out.

if he weren't gone i wouldn't get to recieve his letters (right now once a month). i have always been old fashioned and i love that though he is gone i can read his letters and feel his love not only for me, but for his lord and the people of his mission. he is really becoming the man i want to have forever.



i had this epiphany just now. it is hard to have him away, but i am being blessed because he is. i worry, i pray, and i can't get him off my mind. this is a love i wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

i know we can make it work.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Good work on the straight A's, Sister! I am so proud of you. You are becoming quite the amazing woman and I am excited to see you grow up even more. I love you so much!
Love, Your Sheester